Reiki (pronounced RAY-KEY) is a Japanese form of energy healing which is now widely taught and practiced around the world. Reiki is based on the premise that when energy becomes unhealthy, stagnant or blocked, discomfort and disease can occur. Reiki helps the energy to come into greater balance by creating a sense of overall calm and peace. This state enables the body and mind to more easily restore themselves and to cope with their environments.
Regular Reiki treatment also enables a person to more readily return to this state. Reiki works in cooperation with all other healing modalities, including traditional medicine, to create harmony and total well-being. Reiki is non-invasive and can not cause harm. It calms deeply, creating a deep state of relaxation where healing on all levels can take place. Reiki releases energy blockages that accumulate and prevent us from living a life of peace and optimal health.
Alexis had the honor to go through her Reiki training with Ethel Lombardi, who was the second master trained by Mrs. Takata. Mrs Takata trained 22 Masters in the United States. Alexis has been practicing Reiki since 1980.Reiki can be performed in person, hands on or at a distance. Reiki is not limited by time, space or distance. Because of this, when a person does not want to be touched, I can still offer Reiki and it will be received. Reiki healing can be transmitted from any distance–even around the world! Touch is not necessary, though most people find hands on Reiki to be very relaxing and healing.
Reiki Energy Healing promotes deep relaxation, healing and strength to any living thing. It stimulates the relaxation response in your brain and body, which then stimulates your system to begin repairing and healing itself. Many hospitals are now offering Reiki treatments to patients as a means of promoting relaxation, accelerating healing and reducing the discomfort and side effects of medical treatments and medication.
Reiki Healing Energy provides means to balance the human energy fields (aura) and energy centers (charkras) to create conditions needed for the bodies healing system to function. When the flow of the “Life Force Energy” is disrupted, weakened or blocked, emotional or health problems tend to occur. Imbalances can be caused from many situations occurring in our lives, such as: emotional or physical trauma, injury, negative thoughts and feelings, malnutrition, destructive lifestyle and relationships and so on.
The Reiki practitioner assists the client to heal themselves spiritually, mentally, emotionally and physically by a simple laying on of hands. By the use of ancient healing symbols, the practitioner channels the Universal Life Force energy allowing it to flow where is needed to bring the energy centers into alignment.
Reiki is excellent for healing any physical, mental, emotional and spiritual issues of any kind and it gives wonderful results.
Some of the few Reiki healing benefits is as follow:
• Creates deep relaxation and aids the body to release stress and tension
• It accelerates the body’s self-healing abilities.
• Aids better sleeping patterns.
• Reduces blood pressure and other stress related health conditions.
• Can help with acute (injuries) and chronic problems (asthma, eczema, headaches, etc.) and aides the breaking of addictions (eg. alcohol, drugs etc)
• Helps relieve pain
• Removes energy blockages, adjusts the energy flow of the endocrine system bringing the body into balance and harmony.
• Assists the body in cleaning itself from toxins
• Reduces some of the side effects of drugs and helps the body to recover from drug therapy after surgery and chemotherapy
• Supports the immune system
• Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
• Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
• Helps spiritual growth and emotional clearing
• Can be reinforce the effects of other natural therapies
• Helps develop stronger and healthier relationships with their loved ones
What to expect during a session
Reiki can be given hands on, hands off or from a great distance–even across the world. You remain fully clothed, though removing your shoes may make you more comfortable. Usually Reiki is given while you are lying down, though it is possible to give a Reiki treatment while you sit in a chair. I will place my hands in a series of positions on or near your head, chest and abdomen. Reiki will go where it is needed. During Reiki, you will become deeply relaxed, and many people fall asleep. You may find laughter or tears coming to the surface as your body and mind release stress and toxins. You may also feel in a dreamlike state as you become more deeply relaxed and you may fall asleep. This is normal and part of the process for many people. What to expect after a session– Some people find that they need a bit of extra rest over the next day or so after a Reiki session. Others are full of energy right away. Things will balance out for you after a few days. You may find your appetite decreases or increases. This does not happen with everyone, but again, this is your body balancing itself out. Follow your best judgement and your doctor’s advice regarding diet. Occasionally symptoms will temporarily become slightly worse in the first day or two. This is because your body is working to release old toxins and adjust itself into balance. This should pass after a couple of days. Please contact me if you are concerned or have questions. I am here to support your healing process and help in any way I can. Reiki will continue to do it’s healing work for up to a few days after the Reiki session ends. Be kind and gentle with yourself as your healing takes place. Call me if you have any questions at all.
How is Reiki done?
An intake will be done prior to the start of the session to assess your pain level and any health issues or major stressors you may have in your life so that your comfort level may be most appropriately addressed. Any questions that you have about Reiki will be answered prior to beginning. During a Reiki session you will lie fully clothed, with your shoes off, on a massage table, with your head on a pillow, your knees on a bolster for support and a sheet and a blanket over you for warmth and comfort. If lying on your back is not comfortable for you, other positions work just fine, such on your side or on your stomach. You can even receive Reiki in a chair if you are most comfortable that way. If you like, a table warmer will be turned on to ensure your comfort. The session is performed by the Reiki therapist gently laying her hands on your body (head, abdomen/torso, legs, feet and sometimes the arms and hands) in a series of hand placements. In each hand placement, she will direct energy flow into your body in order to open areas of blockage. There is no pressure applied or manipulation of the skin, muscle or tissue as there is with massage. Reiki is not massage. You do not get undressed and no force or pressure is ever applied to any part of your body.
What will I feel during Reiki? This varies somewhat from person to person, and even with the same person from one session to the next. However, there are some basic similarities that seem to link most sessions together. Most people experience a deep sense of peace and relaxation within a few minutes of the Reiki session starting that lasts for several hours after the session. Most people say that they feel a lot of heat coming from the Reiki therapist’s hands during the treatment, though occasionally someone will report extreme cold. Feelings of vibration are frequently reported to be coming from the therapist’s hands as well. Some people say they see colors or lights while they are deeply relaxed during the session, though this isn’t the case with everyone. Many people fall asleep during the treatment. All of these things and many others are perfectly normal experiences during Reiki and are all part of the relaxation and the release of blockages due to stress and held negative emotions.
What will I experience after my Reiki session?
Again, this varies between people, and with the same person from one session to the next. Often, when you first begin having Reiki you will have some form of a healing response. This is the body and mind releasing and flushing out the various forms of negative energy that may have been trapped in your system, which the Reiki session helped to break free. Not everyone has a healing response that is noticeable, which is fine. Shifts may take place in the first 24-48 hours after your session, such as increased urination or mild flu-like symptoms. Some people feel emotional shifts take place instead of physical ones. Most everyone sleeps better in the days following a treatment, experiences less pain and more easily returns to a state of calm than usual, though for a few, these things are not noticeable until a few days after treatment when the healing response has fully subsided.
How does Reiki work?
When we experience stress of any kind, our body releases hormones into our system to prepare us to take action to change something that is problematic or dangerous. Everything constricts and shuts down during this phase. This is a normal and healthy response that helps to keep us alive. Our body has a balancing response that it goes into once the stressful event has gone away. In that balancing response, our body’s send healing hormones and everything that was constricted and shut down becomes open and functional again. When we remain in a state of stress much of the time, our system never gets a chance to return to this natural state of healing and rest in order to open itself back up and repair. Reiki very quickly triggers this response and opens the pathways that have been closed by stress by inducing deep relaxation and decreasing pain. Does Reiki hurt? Can it do harm? Reiki is not painful. In fact, it has the opposite effect for most people and greatly reduces their pain. Many hospitals and cancer centers across the United States and other countries are now offering Reiki to their patients to help reduce pain and anxiety. Even the famous Mayo Clinic and the Cleveland Clinic now offer Reiki to patients. Reiki does not do harm and will offer the support your body needs. Like some other healing modalities, it may trigger a mild increase of symptoms in the first 24 hours after a treatment. This is a healing response and is a signal that your body is releasing blockages and getting better.
Is Reiki a replacement for my doctor?
No! Under no circumstances is Reiki meant to replace your doctor or your therapist! It works along with all other healing modalities and programs, including other alternative therapies. There is no need to discontinue anything you are currently doing to support your health unless your doctor tells you to do so. Reiki therapists do not diagnosis or treat any illness, nor do we offer counseling. How much Reiki do I need? The answer to this depends upon your personal needs. In most cases, having regular Reiki treatments is more helpful than having only one. Generally speaking, the effects of Reiki can be seen immediately in pain and stress reduction. However, the cumulative effects of Reiki are of even greater benefit. It takes many years for the effects of stress to build up the layers of physical issues in our bodies and for most of us, the stress keeps coming. It seems logical that it would take some ongoing assistance to re-balance that, particularly if we have developed an illness or ongoing problem.
Reiki sessions in person or Distance Healing:
- 30 minutes – $40.00
- 60 minutes- $70.00
- 3 Session Package $200.00
- 6 Session Package Package $378.00
- 10 Session Package Package $595.00
- 15 Session Package Package $840.00
The ability to channel Reiki is traditionally broken into three levels. Each of the three levels has unique benefits that make channeling Reiki energy easier and with more positive impact. The following list decribes the three levels of Reiki training:
1st degree: Reiki I or Shoden in Japanese.
This is where Reiki history, self-Reiki techniques, and methods to give Reiki to someone else are taught. Student will learn how to channel Universal Life Force Energy (an infinite source of energy) through the crown chakra and out again, usually through the palms of the hands.
Students permanently gain the ability to heal others, primarily on the physical level. After the first attunement, the student will release many energetic blockages. This means that stagnant energy in the student’s energetic structure will be moved which will heal the student of some of their own hangups.. Physical pain manifests where energetic stagnancy exists. By removing the stagnant energy, the pain will be healed and will not come back unless we re-manifest the stagnant energy.
2nd degree: Also called Reiki II or Okuden in Japanese.
Students learn how to use the first three Reiki symbols and how to perform distant Reiki techniques. It also allows a student to heal the emotional and mental aspects of the self. One main aspects of this level is the ability to channel Reiki beyond the boundaries of space and time. By being able to transcend space and time, we can heal ourselves and others of physical, mental and emotional traumas that occurred at any point in our existence. The difference in healing them in the past and in the present is that by healing them in the past, it will often also release traumas that we manifested as a result of the initial experience.
3rd degree: Also called Reiki III or Shinpiden in Japanese.
The third level of Reiki allows a student to reach maximum healing potential and to pass attunements. Basically, this level is about what it means to be a Reiki Master. Additional techniques are sometimes taught that benefit the practice of Reiki.
Reiki Trainings - Level I
- In Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Level 1 you will learn to give Reiki to yourself and others Reiki treatments. Getting in touch with the healing ability that lies within each of us. Reiki level 1 is a 4 week course two hours a session.
- Students will learn the following: I
- Introduction to Usui Reiki
- Reiki Energy Chakras
- The History of Reiki Reiki Branches and Associations
- The Reiki Principles Working with Reiki
- The attunement process
- Reiki Animals Anatomy
- Reiki Distance SymbolHow to preform self- treatments
- Benefits of daily treatments
- Performing Reiki with others
- Preparing for a session
- Setting your intention
- Working with the Aura Full Body Hand positions
- Closing the session Reiki
- Level 1 review Students will receive an attunement and certification for Level 1 completion
Reiki Trainings - Level II
- In Reiki Level II students will experience the next level of Reiki healing. Students are given the first 3 Reiki symbols which expand their capacity for healing. Reiki level 2 is a 4 week course two hours a session.
- In Usui Reiki level II you will learn:
- Applications for Reiki Level II Reiki Symbols
- The Power Symbol How to draw the symbol
- How to use the symbols
- The emotional Healing Symbol
- The complete Reiki sandwich
- Gassho The second Pillar
- Chiryo Summary
- Breathe The Dan Tian
- Distance Reiki
- Ways to perform Distance Reiki Performing Reiki across time
- Performing Reiki on the future
- Performing Reiki with the past Non-traditional Reiki symbols Combining Reiki with other Health modalities
- Reiki level II review
- Attunement and certification upon completion
Reiki Trainings - Master
- In The Reiki Master/Teacher course you will be given the following:
- 4th symbol – the master symbol which opens and increases the flow of healing energy.
- Practicing everything that was learned in Reiki 1 and 2
- Becoming proficient as a Reiki practitioner
- Reiki Master level is a 4 week course two hours a session.
- In Usui Reiki level Iii you will learn:
- Master level introduction Reiki and symbology
- The traditional Usui Rieki Master symbols
- The Reiki Attunement process
- Distance Reiki attunements
- Benefits of performing distance attunements
- Mental Reiki Room
- Using information to connect during a distance attunement
- How the recipient should prepare for the attunement
- Advanced Reiki Techniques Animal Reiki Techniques
- Preparing to perform an Animal Reiki
- Using Essential Oils with Reiki
- Using Reiki in spaces
- Performing Reiki with others
- Review Attunement and Certification upon completion